Thread: Track lights
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Dick D

No, I used the new track and the old lights that I had. I might have replaced the lights, but couldn't find an 12V one's. All I could find were 120V.
The track is the same. If the bulbs are MR 16 then you can use either Halogen or LED.
I used the LED's as my original bulbs were 30 watt Halogen's and I could replace all 3 with about 6 watts of LED and get about the same amount of light. After a lot of jiggling to get the lights to make proper contact with the new track (same problem with the old track, but couldn't get it to work at all) for any length of time.
We like to boon dock in the winter at Quartzite so I've slowly replaced most of the lights with LED"s, but there is a learning curve on using the right type of LED. Watch for what Kelven color the LED's are, and the Lumen s, so you can match them with your original bulbs. I like the warm white color at about 3000 K. It does not have any blue color to make your woodwork look funny.
This is probably more information than you wanted to know, but it's worth what you paid for it.
And our mini Greyhound, Shalamar
Dick D is offline   Reply With Quote