View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #10
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
Just ordered our DRV 39DBRS3 a few weeks ago and got to thinking about the whole house vacuum system as I drug the old canister vac around my sticks and bricks house.
What can I expect with this system? Does it have a power head for carpet, where does it hook up, how long and cumbersome is the hose, how often and how convenient is it to empty, etc. All I remember is the toe kick to suck up what you’ve swept up.
Thanks
Phil
We have a 39DBRS3 on order as well, should be out of paint any day now.

I put a central vac in our house, 2200 sq ft ranch, so it wasn't a difficult install. At any given time we have had one or two Golden Retrievers, a blue and gold Macaw and a pair of cats (and for 10 years all 5).
Flat out was the best upgrade I did to the house. But, i doubled the recommended size of the unit and almost doubled the number of vac ports.

When I ordered our current trailer (May 2009) I added the central vac option. Although my wife doesn't care for it, I use it about half the time over a dyson cordless.

I like it, so I added it to our DRV order. In 6 months or so I'll know if it was wasted coins or something that I will get value out of.

I don't know how I will like the DRV mounting method, we'll see. On our Cyclone the unit was mounted in almost the area.

Some of the changes I made included relocating the basement port to be right next to the baggage door. I don't know who comes up with the idea to put those ports in the middle of the basement.

I also added a central vac muffler, which took out some of the high pitched noise and lastly I plumbed the exhaust to one of those central vac flapper ports to the outside wall, all exhaust goes outside the trailer. No sense having all that exhaust and dust stirring-blowing around the trailer. Did the same thing on our house system.

You can really appreciate the exhaust vented outside the first time you vacuum up a live stink bug.
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote