View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #22
porthole

My arrival at the DRV repair facility early Monday was a bit odd.
Surprisingly, there were no customer rigs in the camp-lot. And none of the sites had my name on the “reserved for plaques”

Doors all locked. Finally someone came out (Kevin ?) and asked what I was doing here - not on the schedule. What? “You better get someone in charge, because I just drove 700+ miles through 2 snow squalls and low single digit temps for an appointment I have confirmed in writing November 30th!”

It got worked out the rig wheeled in about 30 minutes later, after break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I HIGHLY advise you PERSONALLY walk thru the rig with EdFry AKA "Mr NO".

I HIGHLY advise you get him to personally say YES or NO to whether he is going to deal with EACH item.
Ed had a shop guy do the walk through. he seemed attenitive enough to my concerns. A couple of times mentioning how these fine rigs usually do not have such an extensive list. More then once I let him know at this price point, some of these things are just inexcusable. He seemed to think most items would be no issue at all to correct.

Although there was some push back by the shop supervisor to my complaint of missing coax to the dinette outside TV. ‘That’s a big job you know trying to run that coax from the ODS slide to the DS slide.’

And the point is? It’s supposed to be there per the DRV supplied schematic.
I specifically requested on the order to insure it was there and I need it to use my DirecTV and over the air antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Duane,
Wish you great luck with the DRV factory--will be very interesting to see how it comes out, and if they are 'great to work with.'
Joe
Thanks, I’m expecting all to be good.

After all, after these rigs are built across the street (next to the newer Cruiser facility) the service center is where the puppy dogs and Unicorns are whelped and the rainbows are colorized before being shipped off to Oklahoma or Knoxville.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote