View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #8
Lauren

I have the G614RST 235/85R16 load range G. on the MS. I monitor tires all the time and put at 108psi min, 110psi max. Even carry a 120vac air compressor in the truck.

Lost tread on the left rear last Thur. Some damage underneath but nothing major - might have gotten a hydraulic line or two though. The tread was still hung up on the trailer. Amazingly, the casing was intact and still at full pressure!

After GS ERS got me changed and all - they did a good job - we made it home fine; it was out final day out.

I call a Goodyear dealer in Tucson. There is no warranty he tells me. My buddy, John Wilson (jdwilson3), gave me the Goodyear number. I call them and am treated very well. Got a file number. Tells me to bring it in and they will then Fed Ex it to GY for analysis, etc. And to get estimate on the trailer and send in. If it is truly a ply issue they will credit me for the price of the tire and the repairs to the 5er.

Call 2 Goodyear stores and get a price of $50 apart on the same tire!

Taking the tire and tread in tomorrow. And will have to bring the 5er someplace for repair; probably LaMesa in Tucson where I have had work done before and they are excellent - but do not know for this sort of thing.

I refuse to even slow down going by Crist in Phoenix - what a joke that operation is. I wonder if Slick is still there. Known for his famous comment to me - when we were looking to buy - "That is my best price; but make me an offer!" This was after a couple of hours with people who did not know a 5th wheel from a motorhome so to speak. They could not understand why I would not sign for a new unit even though they were not out yet for the new year, they did not have brochures on them and they could not answer my questions! Duh. (But I digress!).

Will let you know how it comes out.

Lauren
2006 Chevy 3LT Dmax (LB3)
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote