View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #8
Dapperdan

I have not tried the anti stiction fluid (fork oil) myself as we have an appointment with Bob at Robert's Quality RV Repair in Indiana in the next few weeks. Our trailer is safe and sound for now in our storage lot.

Bob had suggested to me to try "re-setting the seals". This might buy you some time but be aware this is only temporary. Run your front legs down until they just touch the ground, DO NOT PUT ANY WEIGHT ON THEM! Run them back all the way up, then run them back down until they just touch the ground again, run them back up. Now run them down and they should hold for a while. This is what I did to get our trailer home. Once in our storage lot I "re-set the seals" again, it's still standing (hasn't dropped) since I parked it last Wednesday.

Roberts Quality Repair number is 812-655-2583, Bob is very helpful and you should get good info from him I sure did. Can't wait to get this problem behind us!

Oh, and just another little "fact". I was talking to my buddy who just spent 4 months in Navarre FL this winter, when I mentioned we had problems with our jacks he said there were a few people at their campground with fifth wheels having the same trouble, Must be a rash of that stuff going on all over. Just saying.

Good luck with your situation.

Dan
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote