View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #41
OneReallyOldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
HA, pease tell me how I can load my rear axle to 9,750# and add ZERO weight to my front axle 5,300# and NOT be over my GVWR 0f 14,000#.

Did you know the f450 pickup has a GVWR of 14k also?

FACT the 14k is just a number to keep the truck in a non commercial rating and for licensing/insurance costs.

FACT it's impossible to load my rear axle to it's SAE RAWR of 9,750 and NOT be overloaded.

So what's one to do if they want to use their truck to it's rated axle weights? Simple buy tonnage to cover your trucks actual loaded weight.
GVWR aside, you just posted a certified weight showing you to be 130lbs. over the GAWR of your rear axle on a public forum. I’m no lawyer but I’ve seen enough of those shark’s commercials to know they will come after you with a vengeance if you have an accident. Your insurance company may try to deny coverage also since you are knowingly exceeding your vehicle’s weight rating.
You’ve given me some good advice since I joined this forum and went full time so I respect your opinion. As a retired truck driver with a million mile safe driving ring in the jewrely box I can tell you the most important thing is being able to stop that bad boy with the rubber side down and the shiny side up in any situation and you’re pushing that envelope.
A guy pulled in 2 spaces down from me a few days ago with a brand new fifth wheel showing a GVWR of 18k. He’s pulling it with a 2500 SW pick up. He had a mechanic come out here and change his drum brakes over to disc because.....and I quote him....”I keep running red lights because I can’t stop this thing.” Now that’s nuts.

BTW, I don’t know what you mean by “buy tonnage to cover......”
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote