View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
RodeWorthy

Good news on GM IBC

Bill, that is good news on the IBC fix for Carlisle.

Before I ordered my truck (May/07) I talked with Carlisle and they assurred me they had a method to make the IBC work with their elec/hyd disc brakes. When it came time to connect the trailer (Sep/07) at my dealer we could not make the IBC work. I called Carlisle again and they were apologetic but advised that even though they had a fix, GM had put pressure on them to not allow it because GM had disapproved the use of the IBC for that purpose. Bottom line was they knew how to do it but wouldn/t/couldn't tell me how.

At that point, I had the dealer install the P3 and it didn't work either - no trailer brakes at all. Then we found out about the bulletin which required rewiring the IBC as described in the Service Bulletin.

Since the P3 has worked for me I have not pursued this further. Good to check back sometimes. Thanks for the info on the latest fix. My question is: Does GM now approve of this latest method? I presume they do since Carlisle was so adamant to satisfy GM's earlier demand.

Most times it does not pay to be on the 'bleeding' edge.

Thanks again for the post. We learn so much here.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote