View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #5
47hook

Update

Well, as I suspected, the unit wasn't near ready to take home: no generator installed and no capture plate for the SuperGlide installed. Now, guaranteed Tuesday. They are a small dealership, 2 neat and clean bays in the shop, but they sell lots of DT products, they say. The tech they are missing went into business for himself.

The only other dispointment was with that capture plate for the SuperGlide hitch. This TrailAir pinbox is different then the one on our Alfa and there is no way to bolt it on; has to be welded. Can't get to the fwd area of the TrailAir, big metal brace welded in the way. Oh, well. One day won't need a slider hitch. (The Alfa Trailair is not compatible with the MS pinbox.)

So much for the bad news. The good news was it's a great looking 5er. I will probably find stuff I missed on the PDI (they did have it ready for that so if there was any issue they could deal with it now), but for now there is only one issue, a loose hinge on the overhead cabinet by the fridge. This fridge is different then other Dometics I've seen with the "fix", no sheilds and different routing for the ice maker water line. Time will tell. The cover over the stove has the warning for heat/cracking and there isn't a vent cut into the backside of the cover (said to have been a weak spot). I asked about the vacum break for the black tank cleanout (the one accessed in the pantry that tends to leak) and the Service Mgr said they replace them with a large/long loop of hose because they all eventually leak. I'll try and post a picture after I have the unit.

The electronics appear in good shape, lots of wires though. The ones I need to worry about are labeled. Now to find a 5 year old to work the darned stuff!

Hurry up Tuesday
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote