View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
RodeWorthy

Hehr Windows

Glenn,
Have you even talked to Hehr to see what can be done for your situation? There is no question there has been a problem with thermal pane windows but Hehr stood by their product for many far beyond the warranty period. That program got out of hand with people ordering windows who didn't even need them. Others received multiple shipments of windows. The end result was that Hehr stopped the program of automatically shipping out windows just for asking. But they are responsive to legitimate requests.

Like Wingnut I am not sure it is possible to have thermally sealed windows in an RV - especially for those of us who are long distance travellers. But I like having them and am trying again.

I worked with Hehr last winter and arranged to pick up several replacement panes at the Hehr factory in Plymouth, IN. There was a reasonable cost to this. The total cost for replacement windows was far below the quoted price to repair even one window.

I think you should give Hehr a call before you write them off as being an unresponsive vendor. I worked with Donna Daren, QC Manager / Warranty and she was great. When I arrived at the factory everyone treated us well and helped me load the large heavy crate into the trailer for transport.

I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution to your situation but you have to do your part and let Hehr know what the problem is. It is not fair to bad mouth them before you have even tried to deal with them.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote