View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Gulfstream650

Sealand Toilet leak at vacuum breaker

Hello to all,

Does anyone have any experience with the "vacuum breaker" valve located in the back and near the top of the Dometic Sealand toilet? Mine is leaking a few drops of water with every flush. We were recently at a campground in MA that had fairly high water pressure (how many PSI?, I'm not sure) and I wonder if that had anything to do with the problem? The valves can be replaced for what I consider too high of a price https://www.americanrvcompany.com/Do...RV_p_2041.html . So, I was curious if anyone else has had to deal with this valve and are there alternative ideas/fixes that would preclude overpaying for a piece of plastic? Just to be clear, I don't mind paying the freight when necessary, but I LOVE finding alternative ideas/fixes that I can implement on my own without the need to "bend over" to pay for certain items. One example that comes rushing to mind is printer ink. There is nothing I love more than refilling my Canon ink cartridges for about $0.50 vs. many (I'm not sure how many but, a lot!) dollars! Sorry for the digression.

If you are a member on the DRV forum, you may see this exact post over there as soon as I am able to post it there.

THANKS,
Rick

Sorry, the DRV forum is actually suitesowners.com/forums. :D
Gulfstream650 is offline   Reply With Quote