View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
JBoldennew

Well, we made the factory, even tho Mom Nature tried her best to keep us away. It was a 4.5 hour pure white knuckle (shud've been 3 hr) drive over pure ice and packed snow.

Got to see our unit right at the end of the production line prior to going into paint. It was both fun nd nerve racking as I got to see all the QC markings on the unit and even make a few observations of my own.

Don't construe this as criticism as these checks are normal and anyone who toured the factory saw these marks on units as they progress on the floor. Even after it comes back from paint it will go through an in-depth QC known as a PDI.

Met Barb and Roland as they got to see their unit just starting. Maybe they will go back this coming Monday to se their completed unit also. Funny how simular we who buy these fivers are. (Other than most own computers that can spell unlike my laptop.) We are both engineers, bot chose a 36' unt fr the same reasons and both traded a custom Ford E150 van for our trucks .... Go figure!

Sorry to digress ...back to the unit. After spending a very long time going over the unit, we left and a nagging thought kept worryng in my mind. Finally, 30 plus minutes down the road, I remembered ..... I meant to take pictures with my Blackberry to post here. <sigh> I have old timers disease . CRS!

Now we'll have to wait until the end of the month before can get pics.

Drive home was uneventful other than than wanting it to be the end of the month and wishing I was pulling the trailer on the way home.

John and Bea
2003 Dodge 3500 HD 4:10
Waiting to retire again!
JBoldennew is offline   Reply With Quote