Thread: ordering SB3
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Motor31

We have an older unit we ordered in 05. We got one heat pump and should have gotten 2. They produce the same sound as the AC units since that is what they are. Not as loud as the furnace blower but both were easy for me to get used to.

We deleted the sleeper couch and got 2 recliners instead. That was a good move for us and saved a few $ to boot. We do like the dual recliners with the adjoining pedestal storage table but don't know if it's still offered.

I use a folding chair at the computer desk. It was the optional one the factory had for the dinette set. We got 2 standard chairs and 2 folding for space saving. That was a good move. The folding chair works fine for me with just a small additional pad at the back.

We passed on the central vac unit. At that time there didn't seem to be an agitator brush at the business end and Momma wanted that for the carpet. There are small stand up vacs available so we use one of those.

The factory supplied king mattress didn't work out at all for us. We simply took the measurements from it and went to a mattress store and got a replacement. A standard king size bed mattress was easy to fit in there, we just had to make sure it was only 8" tall instead of the more common 16" tall units.

We also passed on the hydraulic bed lift to save weight and avoid more hydraulic equipment under the bed.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote