View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #23
RodeWorthy

Re: Vents and bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis/Ontario
I was on the roof checking the vents ...
Me too. All this discussion had me curious. I concur with your results. Of the 4 vents on the roof, only one was plumbed to the tanks. Two are blocked off at the insulation and the one at the front street side allows access to custom solar wiring.

I did take a look at the bathroom fan. Wish I hadn't. Thought I might be able to resolve the fan venting. I made the mistake of disconnecting the fan at the connector and the wired portion of the connector promptly disappeared into the housing. That was fun to remedy. As far as venting the fan to the outside vent it did not seem practical to me. The nearest vent is directly over the HVAC duct and not accesible. The volume of air that could get out the vent would not be large. The fan does move a lot of air and it is going into the "attic". Of more concern to me was the total lack of insulation next to the curved cap of the roof. This no doubt runs the full length of the trailer but I was only able to observe it in the area of the fan. I put the fan back together and moved on.

No bees in the vents but dozens of yellowjackets around my tow vehicle next to the trailer. They love the mirrors and are setting up camp in the door cracks. They had the beginnings of a nest attached in there. Anybody know how to discourage these little tigers? I have been beating on them and they have nailed me twice. The war is on.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote