Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #36
Rockyhud

Thank you SO much, Joe. You've been a GREAT help. I will take your advice and call Dexter and if that doesn't work out I'll call Lippert. The axles do have data plates (stickers) showing Lippert information and such. From your experience it sounds like it would be best to plan on replacing all 4 hub bearings (makes sense since they're all the same age and mileage). I have a 12-ton hydraulic press in my garage that has come in handy at times, like replacing u-joints in driveshafts and pressing wheel studs into the front hubs for my truck (changed out the OEM unit bearings for old school lockout hubs and spindles).

I know what your saying about US vs. Chinese bearings - paying a little more for quality parts in these areas is money well spent. I don't relish the idea of doing this work and certainly don't want to have to do it again later because of low quality parts.

UPDATE: Just looking online it may be easier and just a little costlier to buy hubs with bearings already installed, provided I'm looking at the right parts on the Kodiak parts site. I called this afternoon but they were closed for the day so I'll try tomorrow or Friday to see if they can help.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote