View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
JustinChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Any stains on the white ceiling material? Sure sign of leaks. Any rust where you wouldn't expect it? Any marks on carpet/lineoleum? Move couch and look at areas where the legs were--if water got in, there will be rust marks from the couch leg pegs. Ditto for recliners/chairs.
Pyramid of Doom--simply a buildup of 'stuff' that hasn't been properly flushed out. Big problem if tank hasn't been maintained regularly/properly.
Looking at a used RV as a first-time buyer is a tough situation--even a seasoned vet can miss problems. Be slow and thorough--ask questions, take pics.
Use RVTrader.com to look for comparables, or PPLMotorhomes.com. Both these sites may have a comparable unit for sale.

thanks for the tips. All good stuff.

I'd looked quite a lot before settling on this RV. I think I'm getting a good enough price that a few things can be overlooked. But I still need to do my best to understand what I'm getting.

How can I find out the condition of the interior of the black tank? I don't necessarily want to remove the tank. If I can't see past the toilet, any other ways?

I'm pretty handy, just terribly ignorant about RV's still.

I appreciate all the help.
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote