View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
RodeWorthy

Hydraulic pump failure resolved with new assembly

I am pleased to report we have successfully replaced our failed hydraulic pump and we are no longer crippled and stranded at our campsite.

On this first business day after the Holiday Weekend Lippert came through big time by building and testing a complete pump, tank, manifold and fittings assembly to replace our failed system by 12 PM.

A big effort was made to get this assembly to me in record time and required the effort of a team of people including a representative of Hydac International who was traveling to Paducah, KY and dropped the assembly off to me by 6PM. I was kept informed of the progress and through an agreement with Lippert I volunteered to install the assembly myself. I had the failed assembly out of the unit by the time the new one arrived and with the help of my neighbors here in the campground we had the new one installed promptly. The new Parker pump runs smoothly and there is not yet any sign of air entrapment.

Tom Peck at DRV was kept informed about the situation and he was in communication with Lippert throughout the process.

The trailer will be delivered to DRV tomorrow and Lippert will inspect the system while it is there.

A great effort to get us out of our difficult situation. We were 6 days living in the unit with the slides in and the nose in excess of 18" above level. This unit looks huge in here tonight.

A big thank you to all involved to help us out of this predicament.

Many thanks also to the posters on the forum who provided support as well. Special thanks to Mike (Motor31) for his detailed information. Mike, your description of your leaking landing gear situation is very close to what a friend of mine is experiencing and the information is useful to help diagnose his problems too. I have passed it along. Good stuff.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote