View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
rotaxman

Trade

Susan and Steve,

I may get castigated for saying what I'm going to say but I feel that this is to large of an investment to not be informed.

Joyce and I ordered a new 2006 36TK3 and it turned out to be a pretty good trailer I made a lot of changes to it that should have been done at the factory but in the end it was a fairly good trailer.

We got wantitis so ended trading it in on a new 2009 38TKSB3 which turned out to be a huge mistake. This trailer has a defective frame there are others 3 others that I know of there are some 09's and 10's that have defective frames. This trailer had and still has many many problems but the worst being the frame issue.

The pin number of my 09 is #4750 so you might want to check the pin number on the unit you are thinking about if it is close to mine you might want to be careful. I won't dwell any longer on this part of the post.

As for the truck DRV products are among the most heavy in the RV industry for me a one ton just wouldn't work. I didn't have a power issue it was a weight issue. You will see a lot of debate over the trucks it is a sensitive subject. No insult intended and I hope you take it as such but the Dodge's have always been the lowest rated of the big 3 I don't feel that you have enough truck for that trailer.

I moved up to my 450 right after I got my 06 Mobile Suite I would like to have had a 650 but they are diesel and diesel is not for me. My 06 weighed 15190 right of the dealers lot and 18500 when I went on the road with it in 07. This 09 weighs 17920 and that is when I'm going to use it local. If I were to go on the road it would easily come in at over 18500. The pin weight on my 06 was in excess of 4200 lbs as is this 09.

I do apologize if I have offended any one but as I said I feel this to large an investment to not be informed

With all of this info and a $1.00 you can get a cup of coffee anywhere.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750