View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
terry and jo

Susan and Steve,

Since the weight issue came up. please allow me to direct you to another Fifth Wheel Forum thread where Stacey (Stripit) posted the results of weighing DRV models in the past several years. He is one that will be at a number of rallies and weigh different folks' trucks and trailers.

The administrator of the Fifth Wheel Forums posted the thread and included a link to a pdf file showing those weights. There is one 2009 36RSSB3 among those Stacey has weighed. It is down towards the bottom of the pdf document. Also, pay attention to Stacey's last comments in that 100% of SRW trucks (single rear wheels) were overweight and 60% of DRW trucks were as well.

A lot of times people talk about how their "insert brand here" does just fine pulling half of California. What many don't consider is the stopping power. This is my opinion only, but I would not feel safe with anything smaller than a Ford F450. With ours (a 2008 with 4:88 rear axle ratio and 19.5" wheels), I feel comfortable.

For what it is worth, Jo and I researched RV's (both motorhomes and fifth wheels) for more than two years before ordering our Mobile Suites. I think it is worth it because it will be our home for many years.

The thread to Stacy's information:

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...pic.php?t=3153

Terry

EDIT: OK, I got Stacey's name spelled wrong and I listed the wrong username. He is Stripit on Fifth Wheel Forums and Weigh-it on SOITC. Sorry.
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote