Thread: Air ride hitch
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
GlennWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS
I only run 60lbs of air in all tires on my dually. I also have the trailair pin box and have added the tri glide system. I also took off the overload stoppers on the leaf (top) springs and installed firestone air assist bags. I run 40lbs of pressure in the air assit bags when towing. Which puts the front of the trailer a little higher than the back, truck sits level when hooked up. If your trailer is way off from level you may have to adjust trailer by changing to a different hole in your rear shackle. I am now content with the ride while towing or not. My weight on the pin box is 2840lbs. I also changed shocks on the truck but that did not make any difference.
My truck calls for the pressures you are posting but that 's with 215x85 factory tires, but also with extra load 80psi. I'm running 235x85 tires and states on tire max air 80 psi. Haven't ran it long enough to determine tire wear. Also I don't have air bags but my rv sits level when hooked up. Truck sits level also. Rides rather high empty. Haven't weighed it yet. Seems every time I'm pulling is late at night or I'm in a hurry to get to job. I do believe my truck would ride better at 60 but I'm concerned about heating up the tires.