Thread: 36 tk3
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #37
clev

Cummins, please don't make this personal. I'm not giving anyone impressions about anything; you are giving the impressions by stating 'you can and cannot' do something based on your ideas. I have done nothing but post facts based on Ford's SAE tow rating and also told everyone where to verify those numbers; they are not my numbers and I made no recommendations or advisements. But it is your prerogative to disagree with Ford if you want. And here are some more numbers, 'standard pin weight on most fifth wheels is 15-18% of GVWR, but can be as high as 24%'. That can be verified on page 34 of the 2018 Trailer Life Guide to Towing, and nothing was written about a 'light pin'. So, based on that, a 20k fifth wheel could feasibly have a pin of 3000 to 4800 pounds. But I'm thinking that most that are towing with SRW will really be selective on how they load the front.

Finally, I would never buy a used vehicle, especially a truck. It's never known how the vehicle was cared for or used; I'm not a trusting person
clev is offline   Reply With Quote