View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
George D

Re-visiting DRV Quality

Some time ago I made a post about 5th wheels and the quality of the construction, primarily Mobile Suite/DRV. A lot of folks offered up their opinions and gave recommendations - we are very thankful for those. I received a number of personal emails (pro and con) from people and some of those folks asked me to post further info.

The long and short of it - I realize that all brands of units can, and likely will, have problems. People are generally happy with the way DRV responds to their problems. But some folks have had a ton of problems, especially, but not limited to, model years 2009-2012. I have recently spoken to a person in a park that has a 2010 and he has had all kinds of problems with their unit. It sounds like DRV has come up a little short on fixing their unit. And - I have talked with several DRV dealers. One of I pressed really hard concerning quality issues and number of units that are returned with problems. They did a lot of hemming and hawing! A second one told me they are not selling any DRVs now because of quality issues.

So, at the risk of opening flood gates, we are choosing not to purchase a DRV. Its unfortunate because we really likely the floorplan and the look of the Mobile Suite. But we simply can't risk spending that kind of money and ending up with a sub-standard unit. Maybe - someday, when its time to trade, we will look at them again. Perhaps by then the quality will have come back??

Whatever product you have - we wish you good health and safe travels!

George
George D is offline   Reply With Quote