View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:42 AM   #1
stanleyz

Mobile Suites 2005 Lippert hydraulic system failing

OK citizens of the 5th wheel world, I need some help and I'm certain someone on this forum has the answers I seek. 2005 MS 36TK3

My off door (drivers side if you prefer) stabilizer started dropping of its own accord. I did a bunch of research on the MS forum (which has now been off line for a week or more) and talked with Lippert CS and concluded that I needed either a new valve at the stabilizer or a new stabilizer. I'm a decent shade tree guy and was confident I could change the valve but wasn't sure I could do it without getting a hydraulic shower. And, I am not a welder which would be required to change the jack. So i decided to follow Lipperts advice and go to a Lippert service center.

On the first of May I dropped the MS at Camping World. I won't say which one yet as we may still work the problem out. 27 days, 2 replacement valves and selenoids and 600 plus American dollars later I picked up the MS and discovered that I couldn't get out of the lot without chaining the stabilizers up. Just like when I dropped it off. Needless to say we had a long discussion and I did manage to get my bill adjusted.

So, has anyone had the same stabilizer experience and how did you repair it. I'm thinking the problem has to be the stabilizer. I know there is a test CW should have done and didn't, i think it goes like this: take all pressure off the system, remove the input hose at the stabilizer and press the retract button. If fluid runs out the input hole the stabilizer has failed, if not it's a valve somewhere. I'm not sure which is the input hose and I still don't want a hydraulic shower so I haven't tried that. I'm tempted to just order the parts and take it to a local welder and install a new stabilizer.

OK, open for comnments and suggestions. Thanks for your time