View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:37 PM   #18
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
Cummins
If the 2010 he's looking at is like my 2011 the auto-leveling isn't like the new ones.
Mine has a hand held monitor that shows how much off level it is. You then hit the front jacks or door side or off door side lever to level.

By the way I also installed bubble levels on mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Narnia, think about what you just wrote, that you found a twelve year old and ten year old RV, same brand that water damage under a window. And you suspect it was a design flaw....
I'm not sure that you will find an RV that you would be satisfied with. Honestly, these things (all brands) take ALOT of maintenance. Water leaks abound on RV's that are towed thousands of miles over less than stellar highways. All brands are going to have a leak now and then.
I want to second that. To have a 5th wheel you must either be a handy man that understands them or have a big fat wallet. As to the OP. you are looking at the wrong stuff. Never mind the fridge, how are the axles, brakes springs alignment? Thats the stuff that counts. If you want a good used 5er find one from a private owner who can show you a big fat folder of receipts for the stuff he has repaired or had repaired. I wouldn't touch the one sitting on the lot for six months with a cracked rear cap. And I know where to look for the leaks and repair the damage but unless its sitting in a desert somewhere there is likely a lot of water damage. As to resale you must buy wholesale (what do you think the one with the craxcked cap will bring at auction) and sell retail. Good luck with that. Hope this helps.