View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #36
Rockyhud

I have no experience with 2017 hydraulic rams and I too haven't heard of any issues, but what I would add is that rams and seals aren't the only items to consider as the cause of landing gear and stabilizers dropping or just not holding as they're supposed to. The photos I've attached were taken before the repairs to our rig. If you look closely at the hose ends with red fluid drops on the bottom you'll see there is no red fluid around the threaded fittings where they attach to the mating connector - only the crimped area of the hoses. The crimps on these hoses had either not been crimped properly originally, which I doubt, or the hose material and/or crimp slowly degraded over time, which I believe to be the case, allowing tiny paths for the fluid and air to leak.

Having worked with my dad on our family farm in my youth - running tractors with multiple implements year after year - I recall seeing hydraulic hose seepage leaks near the hose ends occasionally. We didn't think too much of it at the time since they were just slow seepage and figured the harsh environment to be the main reason for them. Looking back I think the frequent use of the hydraulic rams (raising and lowering implements numerous times a day), along with the hot and dirty environment and age of the equipment, would definitely take a toll on the quality of the hoses and crimped ends. Our RV hydraulic systems don't get used nearly as often nor work in as harsh an environment as farm equipment but they still have high pressure applied and endure vibrations during travel times, so we shouldn't be too surprised to see them degrade over time.

Just something to consider if anyone is experiencing issues with their RV hydraulic system.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote