View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
FLGatorgirl

Prospective New Owner Questions

Hello forum members,

We currently own a high quality Monaco diesel pusher and are considering changing to a 5th wheel. We love the coach, but some life changes have made us consider that a 5th wheel would be more practical as well as economical at this point. We plan on purchasing used (2009-11 should be in our price range) and from my research so far, Mobile Suites and Newmar Torrey Pine look to be the only two in our price range that I think we would be satisfied with in quality in comparison to our current coach. I also like some of the Cameo units, but the DRVs still seem to win out on overall construction.

A few (maybe more than a few) questions: Do the Mobile Suites (2009-2011) have real wood (not foil) on the cabinet face frames, wood panels, interior doors, etc? I know this is going to be floorplan specific, but do most floorplans allow access to bathroom/kitchen with the slides in? Do many DRVs come either with a generator or at least gen prepped? Does anyone run the generator to cool or warm the 5th wheel going down the road prior to hitting the campground? How hard is it to change out the living room furniture? If we stop just overnight at a Flying J, assuming the lot is mostly level, can we sleep as is or do we need to put down jacks or anything?

Lastly, anything you can think of in terms of significant changes to design/features etc between 2009-2011 models? Any comments, suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
FLGatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote