View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
rjohnsonnm

Your original question was about storing your MS during cold weather. I have been storing mine for 8 years now with the slides both in and out with the thermostat set on minimum (40 degrees). I also keep a 100 watt halogen light on in the basement (The kind that is sold at Lowe's & Home Depot for mechanics.) While I do drain the tanks and open all the water faucets, I have yet to "winterize" with antifreeze. I live at 5500 ft elevation in Albuquerque, NM and it occasionally gets down to 5 to 10 degrees at night. Sometimes the heater comes on but neither the living space nor the basement get below 38 degrees. (I have a thermometer that keeps track of lows and highs.) So far, no problems with the furnace airflow because the door side slide-out lifts up off the floor when it's in plus air goes to all of the other vents. By the way, I put a couple small (1/4") holes in the solid duct that runs through the basement to the front of the bedroom to allow a little airflow into the basement. I also open the sliding door in the basement where the water piping is and point the halogen light toward the piping. The flexible ductwork also adds heat to the basement, but only if the heater is on. So far, after eight years I have had zero problems (just talking about this topic, not other issues).
2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote