View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Motor31

Do you hear the motors working on the unit when you try to set it up? I ask because on mine I had the traverse gear, the one that rotates it side to side, break. The drive gear came apart so it wouldn't move. If you tried to raise it the breeze would move the unit and lock out the park sequence. I had to go up to the roof and push it back to the park angle and Nancy then pushed the park button to get it to lower. The gears are plastic and a common failure item for the units.

Previously (about 2 years ago) I had called winegard about the unit. They told me it was obsolete and they didn't make parts for it any more. Last November I checked online and found a parts catalogue. The gear kit has all 4 gears for traverse and elevation. It was only about $15.00 and got to me in less than 2 weeks. Swapping them out is simple as long as you have a small pulley / gear puller to remove the drive gears from the motor shafts. You'll also need a small allen wrench to use for locking it into place on the shaft.

I got it fixed but unfortunately the darn thing is incompatible with my new direct tv box. Silly thing won't stop once the signal is located, it keeps on seeking.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote