Thread: Anderson Blocks
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #23
Cummins12V98

The fronts take a pit to lower them down into. My Machinist friend and I just removed my fronts and two rears. He said the rears have VERY high quality seals. My two rears leaked slightly where the Glan screws to the bottom of the ram. Replacing a seal took care of the issue.

The fronts have POS seals. My friend used much better quality seals. All the rams on the outside return tube wear against the outer sleeve that you see on the fronts. He has came up with a way to eliminate that big problem and the fix adds much more lateral stability to the front rams. This is something Roberts doesn't do. If your outer return tube is worn thin he will charge you $200 for a replacement outer ram cylinder. So basically by installing the new $200 ram the same thing WILL happen again. He does NOT address the issue.

My friend also does as Roberts does and cuts off the nut on the foot pad adapter and re weld a nut back on centered and aligned. Lippert's PIZZ poor quality makes every foot pad adapter crooked and this causes flex in the long thin shaft.

Anyone in NW WA area wanting their jacks rebuilt send me a PM. He has 50A and water.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote