View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
RV-Fourms

Thank you stripit for your reply to my post.
You look like You are just the person I want to Talk with.
We are looking it getting a Hew Horizons Fifth wheel trailer floor plan 39' Majestic: M39FB4S And tow it with a Volvo 780 ( HDT) . And we have talked with Gregg at RV Haulers out of Calgary Alberta Canada. And we are thinking about having a smart car on the 780 for local getting around. From where we are set up as base camp.
Now my question? The federal total tow and Fifth Wheel is 65 feet. And I also know that each state has there own total length rules. And when speaking to Gregg at RVHaulers about the length. He said the legal length number is what should be followed. And then Gregg said the big BUT there are a great Number of folks the disregard the Rule's and drive Riggs That are larger then the rules allow . And it is up to the owner.
In other words you pay's your money and you take your chances. And looking at your Rig info you could be in the same boat. Have you ever had a problem for being over length ? And if you have not, is it a real problem for folks that fall into the area?
Any think You can send my way that will keep us out of trouble will be greatly appreciated. Can I sent you a overview of your ideas and plans . I will take any help you can send our way . that will keep us out of trouble I will thank you for ever.
Thanks again for the reply Bob
RV-Fourms is offline   Reply With Quote