View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #34
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Something to look at. The G tires that would carry 3,750lbs if inflated to 110psi seemed to be working much harder than a H tire that would carry 4,850lbs at 125psi. What I used to find was the G tire was carrying loads close to the rated max 3,400 to over the 3,750lbs capacity. Take a tire at 3,400 lbs of weight on that G tire, makes it working at 90% capacity where if you put a H tire in its place carrying that same 3,400lbs would only be working at 71%. Less work, longer life. Way back when I was weighing RV's and talking with the tire reps, they used to say the H tire was designed as a work horse and didn't fall into the normal rv tire replacement schedules. I personally would run the H tire at least 7 and might even go up to 10 years, if you know what weights that the tires are carrying. That means you HAVE to get each corner weights, know for sure that the tire is not over loaded or over worked, run correct tire pressures and cover when not being used. Just my opinon.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote