Thread: Email
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
rotaxman

Email

I received this disrespectful email last evening from a forum member.

I've tried my best to ignore this but I'm not one to embrace being called stupid or immature. I am neither. At age 65 I'm past being immature.

I've always treated everyone the way I would want to be treated. The only time that my feathers have been up was back in the old days of past when I had to defend my name every day from the cheerleaders on this forum because of making real world posts about then Doubletree products.

It appears as of late that a new crop of brand cheerleaders are showing up on the forum a trend that reminds me to much of the days gone by that I mentioned above.

So I'm going to speak to the contend of this.

The email.
Jerry,

You seem to have a burr under your saddle about something on your MS. I am real sorry to hear that. I have had problems with my MS also but found that keeping civil and intelligent relations with the manufacturer worked way better in resolving the problems than making constant comments that put your intelligence and maturity into question.
Just a thought.......happy camping in your MS.
end of email.

You seem to have a burr under your saddle about SOMETHING on your MS.

Your statement implies that I have one problem had you done some research you would of found that there are many, many problems the worst being the incorrectly repaired defective frame. Had you done your research you would of been able to come to a more intelligent conclusion before or while you were composing this email. Instead you decided to talk about something that you knew nothing about.

I am real sorry about that.

Duly noted thanks for the sympathy.

I have had problems with my MS also but found that keeping civil and intelligent relations with the manufacturer worked way better in resolving the problems than making constant comments that put your intelligence and maturity into question.

Again you are talking about something that you don't know anything about. You or no one else knows what I have or have not done regarding relations with the manufacturer or how I have or have not conducted those relations civil ,intelligently or other wise. And furthermore its no ones business.

Next your statement about constant comments that put my intelligence and maturity into question. I have a 0.25 percent daily posting stat on the forum I don't think that number qualifies me as a constant comments poster. There are those that have posted more than me and less than me. Again you don't have any idea what your talking about and no facts to back it up. Had you done a little research you would of been able to make a more intelligent and mature decision as to write or not write your disrespectful email.

I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours but you are not entitled to disrespect me or anyone else on the forum or in private.

Here are a few options that you might take under consideration.

Join up with the SOITC its all peaces and cream also it is very intelligent and mature over there I think more suited to your taste.

Consider not reading any of my posts as they, no matter how hard you try will not meet your standard of posting nothing but great things about a brand. Particularly the current brand I own (DRV) 2nd one and last one.

Oh! and one more thing don't send me any more emails if you have something to say to or about me do it on the forum so the rest of the members will know what you are.

Just a thought...............happy camping in your MS

It seems that cheerleaders find it very easy to castigate a person that is having trouble with any given unit. They would all be singing a different tune if they had a huge pile of cash tied up in a product that had not met any kind of build standard.

I do apologize to all of the loyal followers of the forum and people that I consider as close friends on the forum that have submitted tons of very useful information to all of us who live in the real world of DRV ownership. Best wishes to you all and safe travels. This will probably be the last time you will see me here as I'm sure the administrator is going to kick me off the forum for this post.

I don't care this kind of childish behavior by the brand loyal cheerleaders grinds on me. If the forum is indeed going back to days of past I don't need to be here anyway.

As always good camping
Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750