View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
rotaxman

Truck

Learning

First off don't apologize for anything everyone on this forum at one time or another as gone thru a learning curve.

I myself did much like you I ordered my trailer and then bought an F 350 one ton dually four door and proceeded to invest about 7000.00 dollars in aftermarket products only to find out when I went to pick up the trailer that I didn't have a big enough truck.

There are a lot of people pullings MS's with one tons but for me it was not a pleasant towing experience I didn't know for sure who was running ths show the truck or the trailer.

If you have a 36ft Mobile Suite you need at least an F 450 or bigger. I will no doubt get flamed for this statement but it's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of numbers all you have to do is go to the manufactures website and look at the trailer towing chart and you will see that the rear axle load cap will be exceeded and in some cases the front also.

I haven't found a trailer with the exception of the Teton that is heavier than a Mobile Suite.

I feel your pain if I had it to do all over again I would be pulling somehting else but as it is now I have to keep it a few more years before I will be able to trade without loosing my skin.

I know all of this is of no help to your situation but I know the spot your in been there and didn't like it.

Hope that you get out of your prediciment and can get on with the travels

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro