View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwingers
We just left Lippert in Goshen Indiana after having the two front legs replaced. We have had them drop since last October off and on. It sucked because we never could tell if we could leave the campground on time.

We would spend hours sometimes getting them to stay up by extending them up and down a bunch of times, extending slides....etc...
Last march we could not get them to stay up at all. Luckily the engineer that designed the system was in houston at the time we were and lippert sent him to us. First he tried a bypass kit that would equalize the pressure on both sides. That did not work but did slow the rate of decent a little.

He told us to hit the down button real quick after getting them raised. That worked some of the time. He wanted us to get a larger fluid tank as well. Since we were going to Indiana in May he wanted us to come to their repair center and they would replace the tank and do more testing.
So we limped along and lived with it until we made it to Indiana.

We were there last week and he tried several things and replaced the holding tank. He then wanted to replace both front legs. They did it this morning and they stayed up the first time when we picked it up.
Hopefully it is fixed for real this time. From what I can tell we had multiple issues causing the same symptom. We will know for sure when we start moving again.

I would suspect you will need to have the front legs replaced as well.
Hi Dave,

We met you & your wife at DRV last week when we were having repairs made to our Select. I'm glad you hopefully got your landing gear fixed!

Ray