View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #9
GReeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
I can't help but believe that the OP deserved a better answer than "Safe? I don't know, but lots of people doing just that." I also believe that the OP is going to tow this RV with the tires of his choice regardless of what is recommended. He is simply searching for a forum that will stamp the okay to his plan.
I'm not sure if I can be referred to as "weight police," but I do believe that RV'ers should know their truck's legal capabilities and the ACTUAL weight of their cargos. Once the figures are know then an individual can act accordingly.
Nope, thats where you are wrong. If I can’t safely tow this camper with my truck, then I will simply tell my dad to sell it outright. I’m not going to risk breaking something on my truck just because I can get a smoking deal on the camper. I can’t afford to go up to a dually as I’ve only had my 3/4 ton for about 8 months. I had no intention of buying a 5th wheel, I just love 3/4 ton trucks. I went back to a half ton and hated it so I’m back in a 3/4 ton. I daily drive this truck and pull my bass boat with it. If I go up to the 285/55’s those tires will put me OVER the RAWR of 6200.....so regardless of what anyone says, the 22’s on my truck with the 285/55’s are better than factory. Tires that came factory were rated for 3200-lbs a piece
GReeves is offline   Reply With Quote