View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
wingnut60
Site Team

Lippert/LCI service

In the course of owning a Suites, and reading about the front jack problem, I contacted LCI about them.
Lots of bad press, justifiably so, it would seem by numbers of people with the jacks not operating correctly.
Several posts on this and other forums about how to get them fixed--I opted to use the LCI website chat room to start a conversation about my jacks dropping at times overnight when dry-camped and hitched up.

To my surprise, they agreed to replace them if I could get to the plant in Goshen, IN. I was/am in the middle of an extended trip to west coast/CO/Maine and told them I could get there. An appt was set and I got here on Labor Day evening and stayed in the nearby Walmart lot (doable, but EXTREMELY noisy over past WM stays) prior to the 7AM appt on Tuesday. Several rigs showed up, all makes, for some type of work. Was greeted by Josh (Lead Service Advsr) and told the routine. I drove the rig around to the entry of the bay (had previously be told that the basement HAD to be empty) and dropped the trailer. Left it there and it was finished about noon today.
Front jacks replaced with NO charge.
Cannot say enough about the LCI experience on this one occasion--professional/courteous/on time/done as promised. Josh and Brandi handled everything, and the techs did the job as discussed.

The size/number of LCI plants in the area is mind-boggling--since they have the majority of the frames in the RV industry, along with that comes the associated ills of volume production. In this case, I am completely satisfied that they took care of their obligation to handle whatever mistakes occur.

On another long-ago note: I bought an '05 Suites in '07 from an individual that was just going out of the 2-year warranty. Doubletree honored some minor stuff at the selling dealer in Lubbock, but the hydraulic pump turned out to be undersized for the weight of the trailer. Traveled to Goshen in '08 and LCI replaced the pump free of charge--1 year out of warranty.

Thanks then and now to LCI/Lippert Components for taking care of me.

To add to this jack problem--Josh indicated to me that if the Auto Retract was used (I wasn't) it would pressure up the system to the proper psi that was needed to keep the jacks up. So, maybe I was partly to blame for the dropping jacks.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote