View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #12
Rockyhud

Thanks guys. A few years back (2011-2012) I worked TDY for Rolls-Royce in Indianapolis, IN and drove to a few locations within driving distance and found most of IN roads to be pretty decent. I've been in some of the states I-80 runs through but so long ago that a lot could have changed in that time.

Not related to this potential trip, but the worst roads I've encountered in a LONG time were in MS and OK. Highway 49 coming into the south side of Jackson was absolutely THE worst and Hwy 287/385 across the OK panhandle wasn't much better, but Hwy 49 was a doozy. It was so rough that I pulled over onto the shoulder, little that there was, 2 separate occasions to check the truck and RV for damage because it was rattling us so violently that I thought sure something had broken due to the super hard jolts and sounds of something that broken or shaken loose. Turned out these sounds were coming from the 5th wheel safety chains banging the truck bed floor as the rear wheels crossed the expansion joints between concrete sections of the roadway. And it wasn't just our vehicle enduring the roughness as I heard similar loud noises from each passing semi-truck and trailer that passed by when I was checking things. I guarantee we will NEVER travel that road again.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote