View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
rotaxman

Frames

Bruce,

I agree with everything you said there is no quality control in place at Lippert or DRV.

Another thing that pretty much ticks me off is that this frame problem has been going on for at least two years that I know of maybe even three.

I think that it is about time that someone maybe me makes these two five and dime store run company's accountable for their actions.

In the first place when DRV received the first report of this frame problem production should have been suspended until the problem was corrected. DRV should have went to Lippert and explained to them that they were not going to allow Lippert to give their company a bad name. And that if they wanted to continue getting DRV's business they had better get the problem rectified quickly. But DRV didn't they just kept up production. Not acceptable for a stand up company.

There are other frame builders so not being able to get frames is not a valid excuse. Youngs in Chanute Ks is one. They used to be the exclusive builder of NuWa's frames. It would appear that NuWa has got the bottom line itis as now some hitchhikers come with Lippert frames. Young has a reputation of building one of the best frames in the industry I wish my trailer had a Young frame under it.

In the second place Lippert knows of this frame problem because they have several repair teams traveling all around the United States fixing well not really fixing( there is only one way to fix these frames destroy them) but making a patch on said frames. It is clear that Lippert also has no quality control in place. They also decided to ignore the problem again not acceptable for a stand up company.

There shouldn't have to be a major accident with anyone injured or even worse yet killed because these two half ass run company's are more interested in making money than producing a quality product. I feel that these frames are a very serious safety issue.

You know just as well as everyone else that the frame is the foundation of a good trailer and if you have a frame like mine and some of the others have you don't have a very good trailer.

The verdict is not in as to what I may do but I am very dissatisfied with my unit. I have a ton of money tied up in this crappy unit. I think the only thing that will satisfy me is to have Lippert or DRV don't care which buy me another trailer.

I truly hope that there are not many of these frames out there but I'm sure there are more and no telling how many there are that the owners are not aware they have a problem.

There were many, many short cuts taken on this trailer I currently own. There was insulation missing on the curb side of the rear cap and no insulation under the front closet floor or in the front cap above the closet ceiling. I have found many other short comings to many to list. Thanks to the brilliant management of DRV and their innovative idea to have a quota based assembly line.

I guess time will tell whats going to happen with my unit. I'm still waiting for a reply from Tom Peck about extending the warranty on my trailer and its junk frame. I will have to start that process again next week.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750