View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
rdunk

Waterless cleaner??????? I don't think so!!!!!

Most RV parks that won't let you "wash" the RV, will let one "wipe" the RV with a wet rag. Soooooooooooo - try this, which I learned first-hand from another MS owner. With this approach, only a small amount of water is used, there is no over spray to bother the neighbors, and there is no water running down the street. And, many of you probably know this already! The MS owner I learned this from had a several years old white tow vehicle. He said that his truck had never been cleaned with anything but water and microfiber towel - his truck still looked brand new!

!. Get a bucket, and a good microfiber towel.

2. Fill the bucket with water, and wet the towel.

3. Hand wring-out the towel pretty good.

4. Start "wiping"!

5. You will know when the towel needs to be rinsed out/cleaned in the bucket of water - do that, wring it out, and keep wiping.

6. When the water in the bucket gets dirty, pour it out and refill the bucket.

7. You will be surprised how good this process works on the bugs.

Yes, if you haven't used this approach before, I will bet that you will be pleasantly surprised just how good this simple process cleans. It works just as well on the tow vehicle as on the RV. Just the wet microfiber towel is the best thing I have ever used for this type of cleaning. Also works great on windows, mirrors, chrome, bugs, and wheels.

Just a note - all microfiber towels are not created equal. The better ones (and a little more costly) generally have a higher percentage of the microfiber element, and are generally thicker. Costco does sell a big bundle of big yellow microfiber towels that are good - but the microfiber towels are available most everywhere.

Of course, if you have mud caked on the vehicle from some of your "off-roading", then you will have to take that tow vehicle to the carwash!!! :) :) :)

Good luck, and if you try it, let us know how it works for you!!!

Robert
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote