Thread: Upgrading?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #5
Deb Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyfifty View Post
I am looking to upgrade to a 28RK and not sure what truck, motor, gears, I need to pull this unit. I have a 26' fifth now with a half ton Dodge. The info I'm looking for is, what are you using for a tow unit, 2500 or 3500, motor size, gas or diesel, what rearend gears do you have and are you happy with the way your unit pulls. What milage are you getting under tow. This info will help me in my decision of what to tow this unit with.
Thanks in advance
my experience has been that of not having enough truck a couple of times in my life, so i went big. Big enough to tow for profit should i choose to come out of retirment. i pull a 2008 rockwood 8265SS as a full timer with 2007.5 3500 dodge ram 6.7 L with the 4.10 ratio, long bed 4wd drw . i realize i am loosing mileage on the size and maybe axle ratio but gaining comfort everywhere else. and what impressed me more than the pulling was the holding me back on the downhills. even my 18 wheeler didnt seem that good at that..oh plus i dont even need my big moose mirrors as the dually is wider than the camper lol
Deb Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote