View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
greg veverka

First, I want to thank everyone for their posts, you people are extremely generious with your knowledge.

Before, we place our order for a new DRV and since I am working out of our home that is for sale here in Fountain Hills Arizona I have taken the time each day to read everything I can about 5th wheels.

DRV is a quality company when you compare the entire group of manufactures. I think since we are going to be full timmers, time must be spent up front asking questions so we do not end up with a $100,000.00 rig we do not enjoy.

I am also impressed with New Horizons, they use Polystyrene foam in each side wall, floor and slides. In conversations with them this product is used to prevent dropping insulation over time. They use 2 Carrier 15k BTU air units in every rig. Their R values are close to DRV's and cutting down on so many extra windows may be a good idea depending on the floor plan. I actually have a floor plan in mind on a 36' rig that has 3 15k air units...I will talk to the factory about that application if possible.

Based on most of the information I have read we may need to park the rig further north toward Payson and keep a small rental unit in Phoenix so my wife can commute to work!!

I really feel these high end 5th wheel manufactures should offer some well thought out packages for those who are buying to live in the rig full time.
Sure it would drive up the prices but they seem to have no problem inflating the prices on eye candy. I would like to see appliance, flooring, insulation, wiring,mechanical ( especially the slides ) packages and back them up with a 5 year full replacement warrenty...LOL.
greg veverka is offline   Reply With Quote