View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 09:15 PM   #16
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
Here’s the breakdown of my coverages. I do not own a home or rent an apartment.
Full coverage on my truck which also extends liability coverage to my fifth wheel when I’m towing. $1048 a year.
Full timers policy on my DRV which covers liability when parked (in case Lil Billy from the next campsite runs under my fifth wheel and splits his head open on my kingpin for example). It also covers comprehensive (fire, theft etc.) collision (hitting something, tree falling on it, etc.) emergency living expense (just like homeowners) and replacement of personal effects (clothes, linens, dishes, etc. $1504 a year.
Plus an umbrella policy. Couple hundred bucks, don’t remember exactly.
I get it all from the same company which should simplify things if I have to file a claim which I hope I never do.

OK great. What company? Little Billie is the issue. I’ve 20 years with a fiver. I am not full time nor have I ever been. I changed to All state this year and when reviewing my policy the lack of coverage after the rv is unhooked from the truck surfaced. I called Allstate and they do not have a policy that would cover me. They also would not sell me an umbrella policy for some reason i cannot remember right now. I was with Good Sam last and they are not an insurance company, they are an agent. They sold me a National General policy and I’m pretty sure it did not cover the little Billie situation. I checked their web site recently and they offered that coverage for full timers only. So thats why I started the thread. I think a lot of RVers are without coverage once unhooked.