Thread: Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #20
clev

Good morning, cummins; LOL, I’m not upset. I really find our conversations informative and entertaining. As far as the vent covers, the vents work the same with or without the covers. The main purpose of the cover is to create another layer so the sun is not penetrating the single thin plastic lid. But, a black one will also absorb and transfer heat and a light colored one will reflect it. Again, I may be more sensitive to incoming heat than you.
There was another thread, not sure if it was SOITC, fifth, or Thor, where the discussion was about better insulating the coach for better heating and cooling. There’s quite a few of us out here that share that concern. But, I know that school of thought is not for everyone. I’ve found over my 50 years of RV’ing, most buy an RV, use the dog crap out of it, and trade after a few years. It takes me longer than that just to ‘start’ getting it the way that I want it. My last coach was a 1994 Holiday Rambler that looked as good as new, and I was still upgrading it when I sold it in 2016, 22 years later. And yes, it had vent covers; LOL.

I started seeing and noticing DRV’s, probably 2016, I have seen no more than 5 or 6 on the road or in a campground, and I’ve only seen one really large one with 3 AC’s. I feel pretty sure that most larger ones have 3AC’s but not sure about the smaller one’s

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, cummins.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote