Thread: Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 06:29 AM   #4
clev

Good morning, OldGuy. These rollers were really a must have on lower trailers. They prevent dragging the rear of the trailer over low places in the road or inclines. With higher trailers, not really needed. I had mine on a low TT many years ago and then traded it to a 36 ft Holiday Rambler that sat really high and didn't need them. But, because they were pretty expensive, I took them off of the trailer before I traded it. Not needing them, they've sat on a shelf in my garage since 1994, when I got the HR. While under my MS last month, checking the bottom for possible leak areas and generally just rolling around and looking, I saw that the bottom of the trailer hitch, just below the receiver hole, had pretty serious drag marks. So, I called in a welder and installed the wheels; they're rated at about 10k pounds.

I posted a few pictures on the SOITC under General Topics, "Wash and Wax". I haven't had to clean them up and paint them; maybe this weekend.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote