Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #60
Dapperdan

"I have to say the "drying out" comment is really a joke! I would have asked them how many bearings have actually gone bad or is it the fact the caps and poor quality seals leaked?"

In hind sight Ron I wish I would've! My bad....... But while I was at DRV and taking their tour, the sales guy (or whatever he was) told us oil bath hubs were no longer available period because Dexter would NOT allow them used. Their words not mine. Then last summer when at MORryde those guys strongly suggested I switch. I decided to make the switch, that simple. I had NO problems with oil leaking out but one concern I had that I brought up to MORryde was the fact that I was having a "slight" moisture problem with the front axel. On just the front I could see the oil turning milky (both sides), I drained and replaced the oil twice. It was confusing to me, I had water somehow leaking in but I had NO oil seeping out! Inner and outer seals looked intact to me. Since changing to grease I haven't had any moisture. Maybe I had bad seals on the front axel and MORryde changed them out I don't know, they didn't look bad to me.

Dan
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote