Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #46
Rockyhud

In answer to Joe's question about brakes, yes, this rig has Kodiak disc brakes. The caliper has "250" cast into the inboard side. The axles have a Lippert "data plate" (sticker actually) showing it to be 8K rated. And thanks for your suggestion to inquire about a discount to "help" them with their clearance on these. On that note, it makes me wonder where we might get these parts in the future if they're not going to supply them any more.

I'm planning to call Kodiak today to see what they recommend and can provide. I'm going to pose the question about parts availability when I do and will give an update afterward. Sure wish the rig used separate inner and outer bearing like Leo got - much more reliable and durable in general plus he's more likely to find them in auto parts stores and elsewhere. The reliability and durability factors are why, several years back, I converted my 4x4 truck's front axle unit bearings to "old school" manual lockout hubs and spindles that have much larger bearings and are spaced much further apart, plus I can get replacements (if needed) almost anywhere. This has been one of the best "investments" I've made for this truck.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote