Thread: Adjusting slide
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
audreyg

The problem is that my selling dealer did not know squat about the slide operation. They tried numerous times to adjust them and wound up doing more damage than they fixed. I was talking to Tom Peck at DRV the whole time this was going on (months). After the last time I refused to take it back to them and DRV paid another dealer to fix the selling dealers damage and adjust the slide. Well when I got it home I noticed the bedroom slide still was not right. I immediately called the dealer and told them about the problem. At this time the unit was still under warranty. I made an appointment for 2 months later since I would be in the area camping. This dealer is 5 hrs. away. I took it there on 6/10/11. All looked good from the outside where the problem was however, after I left and got to the next stop I noticed the bedroom slide wasn't flush on the inside. I should note here that I had to pay the bill since the unit is now out of warranty. I believed DRV was going to pay for this since it was an ongoing issue since I bought the unit, my mistake. All along I wanted the unit returned to DRV for repair but Tom insisted I give the selling dealer 1 more chance to fix it. Another mistake on my part. So here I sit with a unit out of warranty and after numerous attempts of 2 dealers the slide is still not right.
2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote