View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyz View Post
MS 2005 36TK3 2014 Ford F350 long bed DRW with factory puck system and Reese 21000 lb hitch. I just bought and installed a Trailair pin box. Hooked up at home and added air to top of arrows on label. Towed around 600 miles with one overnight without unhitching. Arrived at destination in to a fairly level but wlightly uphill site. Front jacks would not raise pin box high enough to permit me to pull jaw release handle. I removed air from trailair and was able to disengauge.

The jacks seemed a little wimpy but I think they were getting fully extended. Other hydraulics are working fine, pump motor was not overly hot and I checked fluid and topped it off before hitching up at home. It looked like the Trailair air bag was pushing the bottom jaw down so far and the DRW springs were pushing truck up so high that they would not come apart.

Any similar experiences or thoughts? Thanks for the help.
One of the caveats of using an air bag pin box, air bag hitch or auto level truck air bags.

I always dump the air in my hitch when hooking up or unhooking. And if the grade of the site is off, I may dump the air in the truck suspension as well.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote