View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
bstark

Mine did it also but it was covered by Trailair who sent me an entire new upper body with the front curl. I had already welded gussets underneath at a 45 degree angle outward so the bag wouldn't hit when it compressed but I wasn't happy with that solution so contacted Trailair and the nice young girl sent me a new one. This would have been back in '07' I believe.

My issue was one of rebound or perhaps the weight of the rear of the truck hanging off the pin-box when it used to dump it's air overnight while still hooked up. To my knowledge from talking with other owners with this problem, the only ones of these older style pinbox bodies to show these effects were all installed on trailers being towed by MDT"s or HDT's.

I believe the heavier weights of the rears of these vehicles 'overwhelmed' the rebound valving within the shock allowing it to hyperextend whenever the bums of our trucks dropped quickly.

Those front shocks must be pretty robust items when you consider the 1/4" thick plate bent inwards before the shock pulled itself apart.