View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
jaydub

First time fulltimer (sort of)

Hi all,

I am purchasing a business a few hundred miles from my current full time residence. For the next 3-5 years, I will be living in a new 2016 Jayco 38FLSA fifth wheel.

I have owned numerous travel trailers for summer time use, but this is my first fifth wheel, and this is the first time I am looking at winter time use. I am going to have lots of questions as this unfolds.

I will stay in the RV for a week or two at a time, then leave for a week, then return. This is a year round plan, and the RV will be in a true four season climate with temperatures approaching 0 degrees Farenheit December-February.

The RV has a heated, enclosed underbelly with heat ducts on all the tanks. I do not have heated mats on the tanks. Should I consider getting mats installed?

My property has water, I am adding a sewer connection to the Septic, and I will pull a 50 Amp line to my parking spot. The RV is prepped with a fuel tank for a gasoline powered Generator. Should I add a generator? If so what size? For my older, smaller trailers I used a Yamaha 3000iseb generator. However, I do not think that unit will have the ability to power dual AC, a residential fridge, and the most important item of all, an electric coffee pot.

Initially, I will use the RV primarily at the site previously described. However, My wife and I will travel in the coach and to date, we have always dry-camped - I am not sure I have ever even been into a campground with hookups.

I would love thoughts, feedback, and lessons learned

Thanks!
jaydub is offline   Reply With Quote