View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
terry and jo

Re: Sleep Number Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmosher6
My 2006 Mobile Suites bed has finally given up. I have the queen size bed and I'm looking at the Select Confort sleep number. I think the standard size Queen is the right one. What are the CON'S of the air matress in a RV? How long will it stay inflated boondocking without power? Anyone found a good price other than Camping World?
We also have the Select Comfort beds. We have one in the house and in the coach. My experience with it deflating is that it is pretty minimal. However, if you do have to deflate because you will be traveling to a higher elevation, then you would have to re-inflate. If you don't have a generator or an inverter, then you could have a problem from the very start. In our case, we have both a generator and an inverter.

Select Comfort makes two different models for RV's. When we were researching to buy our coach, we found out that DRV was using the better mattress with the thicker "pillow top". Jo thinks that she likes the RV version better than our home one.

As for buying, we found that we could get it cheaper through DRV rather than directly through Select Comfort. So, I would suggest you check with DRV and see if they can just sell you the Select Comfort and also check with Select Comfort themselves. Keep in mind the two different mattress have different thicknesses of pillow tops. So, check also with Camping World to see which one they carry so you are comparing apples to apples.

Also, check Select Comfort's website to see if they give the thicknesses of the mattress to make sure that it would clear the dresser in your coach.

Good luck.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote